Monday, April 28, 2014

Book Review: Penny From Heaven

 


















Penny From Heaven by Jennifer L. Holm

Summary: (amazon)


It’s 1953 and 11-year-old Penny dreams of a summer of butter pecan ice cream, swimming, and baseball. But nothing’s that easy in Penny’s family. For starters, she can’t go swimming because her mother’s afraid she’ll catch polio at the pool. To make matters worse, her dog, Scarlett O'Hara, is sick. Her favorite uncle is living in a car. Her best friend is turning into a criminal. And no one will tell Penny the truth about how her father died.

My Thoughts:

I've read several of Jennifer Holm's books and I love her writing. This book is fun, cute, and fast paced. All ages will love it. Penny is a spunky, opinionated character you will never forget. Her story is believable and it really captures what her perspective is perfectly. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone who needs a good read!
 
 My Review: 5 stars (I loved it)

Content Review: None

G, 8 and up

No comments:

Post a Comment