Thursday, July 3, 2014

Ashley on Blogging part 2

I'm sorry it's taking me so long! My days have thus been filled with ice cream, swimming, movies, swimming, and more movies and ice cream! I have been busy and lazy at the same time...(does that make sense?) so here is a lengthy post before I go catch a movie (how to train your dragon2 or America?)

Blogger vs. Wordpress,weebly, and blog.com

I had a friend ask me which one was best. I have used Wordpress once and I liked it. It was clean, easy, and professional. So why did I go with blogger? I was simply more familiar with it. One isn't better than the other. Both are easy to customize and do the job. If you want a more formal blog, go with Wordpress. For a more casual blog I would do blogger. Weebly was introduced to me by an aunt. For certain reasons I couldn't set up a blog then. But I started to! It was tricky to navigate at first , but it's another free template you could experiment with. As for blog.com, I visited the website and went no further. Experiment with different templates! Find what's easiest for you. Blogger is 100% free where the other blogs cost for cooler templates. Let me know what you find!

Writing posts

One thing that new, younger bloggers struggle with is the actual posting. They get pumped up at first, write ten posts and then stop. They don't post often and people stop reading their content. Who wants to read a blog that never has any updates? 3-5 posts a week isn't hard and is a good number. As for the actual content, stay interesting! Don't drag on, and remember simple grammar.

I'm in a rush to see my movie, I'll post more later, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment