Thursday, July 17, 2014

Book Review: Texting the Underworld

 





















Texting the Underworld by Ellen Booraem

Summary:(amazon)

Perpetual scaredy-cat Conor O'Neill has the fright of his life when a banshee girl named Ashling shows up in his bedroom. Ashling is--as all banshees are--a harbinger of death, but she's new at this banshee business, and first she insists on going to middle school. As Conor attempts to hide her identity from his teachers, he realizes he's going to have to pay a visit to the underworld if he wants to keep his family safe.

"Got your cell?"
"Yeah . . . . Don't see what good it'll do me."
"I'll text you if anything happens that you should know."
"Text me? Javier, we'll be in the afterlife."
"You never know. Maybe they get a signal."


My Thoughts:

This was a really weird book based on the Celtic Religion. Weird as it was, it was also exciting, funny, and interesting. It was really slow at some parts, and crazy fast at others. The main character bothered me, he was just SO wimpy! Ashling was HILARIOUS, I loved her. I loved grump, Glennie, and the parents also. The writing was fine, nice and simple. Overall it was a fun book, but you have to just be patient at some scenes :)

Content: Cautious--one kissing scene, mildly scary elements, smoking references.

My Rating: 4 stars (I really liked it)

PG, 12 and UP

3 comments:

  1. really good and funny book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! It really is kind of funny isn't it? I love Ashling.

    ReplyDelete