Monday, August 4, 2014

Finding "Clean" Books

Finding clean YA novels is hard. With so much violence, gore, sexual stuff, language, etc... My method used to be to pickup a random novel and start reading. When I felt uncomfortable, I would stop. But whats the point when I already know whats in it? So my dad and I came up with a plan. I would email him a book I wanted him to look up. No more browsing or googling. Some books have "stuff" in it and I can simple skip  that page. I had gotten twelve new books from the library last month and only two were ones I could read. If your wondering, my parents aren't being paranoid or overprotective. They understand the things I can and can't read, and I do care. Finding appropriate novels is hard. But in my opinion its worth it.

PS--A reason why I haven't been posting book reviews is because we have been so busy traveling. Starting this next week, I hope to have some posted though.

Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment