Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Writing Playlist

Do you use music when you write? I highly recommend it, in fact I'm listening to some right now! When I'm studying I listen to classic, when I'm writing steampunk I listen to movie scores, when I write modern fiction I listen to stuff like Taylor Swift and Boyce Avenue.

So for you I put together a playlist for different genres of writing. I use grooveshark, where you can select and listen to music for free, no account needed! It's way better than Itunes or Pandora

Dystopian\Steampunk:
Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol 
Human by Christina Perri
A Thousand Years by Piano Guys (intrumental)
A Thousand Years by Christina Perri (vocal)
Discombobulate by Hans Zimmer (from Sherlock Holmes)
Molossus by Hans Zimmer (from Batman)
Psychological Recover by Hans Zimmer (from Sherlock Holmes)
Silhouette by Owl City  

HANS ZIMMER PANDORA STATION

Modern Fiction\Romance:
Perfect by Boyce Avenue
You Belong with Me by Taylor Swift
Barriers by David Archuleta
Tonight, Tonight by Kidz Bop (Kidz Bop for clean version)
You and Me by Lighthouse
One Step at a Time by Jordan Sparks
Beautiful Soul by Jesse Mccartney
Best Day of my Life by American Authors
Love Story by Taylor Swift
Let her Go by Boyce Avenue or Passenger
Fireflies by Owl City
Fairy Tale:
The Call by Regina Spektor

Fly To Your Heart by Selena Gomez

Defying Gravity by Glee Cast (Glee Cast for just the song, no script)

Hedwigs Theme by John Williams (Harry Potter)

A Thousand Years by Piano Guys

Touch the Sky by Julie Fowlis

Love Story by Taylor Swift

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again I highly recommend listening to music while you write! It really does help to get you in the mood of your story


No comments:

Post a Comment