Thursday, May 1, 2014

Book Review: Emmalee







 












 Emmalee by Jenni James

Summary: (amazon)

Emmalee Bradford thinks she's an expert at matchmaking, and she won't rest until all her friends are as happy as she is. Especially Hannah, the girl she's decided to make popular. Everyone loves Emmalee's advice -everyone, that is, except her annoying neighbor Chase Anderson, who has taken it upon himself to "fix" her.

My Thoughts:

I love Jane Austen, and I've seen both of the Emma movies. I always found Emma kind of oblivious and naive. But I still loved her story and Mr. Knightly. This book was almost the exact same story--just modern day. I really hate obnoxious teenage romances, but I actually didn't mind this one! The writing didn't bug me (for once!) and I really loved the characters. Oh my gosh, Chase was the best. Emma like I said, kind of bugged me but I love Emmalee. It was really funny too, and I was able to finish it in just a few hours. Overall I would recommend this as a funny, light romance. I will definitely

 My Rating: 4 stars (I really liked it!)

Content: Cautious--a lot of drama, kissing, girl gets pulled on boys lap

No comments:

Post a Comment