Saturday, May 17, 2014

Book Review: Waterfall

 
 Waterfall by Lisa Bergren

Summary: (amazon)

Gabriella has never spent a summer in Italy like this one.
Remaining means giving up all she’s known and loved … and leaving means forfeiting what she’s come to know—and love itself.
 
Most American teenagers want a vacation in Italy, but the Bentarrini sisters have spent every summer of their lives with their parents, famed Etruscan scholars, among the romantic hills. In Book One of the River of Time series, Gabi and Lia are stuck among the rubble of medieval castles in rural Tuscany on yet another hot, boring, and dusty archeological site … until Gabi places her hand atop a handprint in an ancient tomb and finds herself in fourteenth-century Italy. And worse yet, in the middle of a fierce battle between knights of two opposing forces.
 
My Thoughts:
 
I loved this book. It was the perfect mix of action, suspense, and romance. The writing was rich and beautiful, the idea was perfect. Although, I wasn't loving any of the characters and the plot wasn't terribly well thought through. I typically find time travel novels silly and cheesy. But I just loved this one, it was very well done. It would be the perfect book club/travel/school read. I would definately recommend this novel.

Content: Cautious--drama, romance suspense, kissing, blood and gore, action

My Rating: 5 stars (I loved it)

PG13, 12 and Up

No comments:

Post a Comment